IUI is a way to conceive for those who are unable to do so naturally. Childless couples have a strong desire to have a child. These couples do seriously consider treatment of IUI.
What is IUI?
It stands for Intra Uterine Insemination and happens to be a process that involves artificial insemination whereby washed sperm gets filtered out of the semen and is directly injected into the woman’s uterus around the time when the ovaries are ovulating. The purpose is to ensure that these washed high-quality sperms swim into the fallopian tube to fertilize the egg.
IUI treatment can rather be with a normal cycle or with fertility medications. In conventional conception, the sperm tends to travel to the fallopian tubes passing via the cervix as well as the uterus. With IUI, it is possible for sperm closer to the eggs to significantly increase the chances of pregnancy.
It is possible even IUI may not help a couple to conceive until a proper diagnosis is carried out for both the partners who happen to be trying to conceive. Several factors do decide the fate of an IUI treatment. These factors do decide whether the IUI will be a success or not as most of these factors do work in coordination for the pregnancy to be successful. Therefore, there can be multiple reasons for a failed IUI being encountered by people. IUI clinic in India can deal with such a problem.
Causes of Failed IUI
A few major reasons for IUI failures are:
- Eggs of poor quality: The poor quality of eggs can be due to chromosomal problems, diminished egg reserve in the women, and so forth.
- Age: There happens to be a decline seen in the quality of the egg with increasing maternal age. This declined egg quality does affect the embryo and its ability to implant.
- Sperm Quality: If the quality of the sperm is indeed lacking in qualitative and or quantitative terms, then also the rate of success drops significantly.
- Timing: The egg stays in the fallopian tube for about 12-24 hours, if no sperm is there for the duration to fertilize the egg, then the quality of the egg will disintegrate. The timing needs to be perfect for fertilization to take place.
- Endometrial lining: There can indeed be several reasons for the IUI getting failed, like endometrial lining may not be proper as it should be. This causes the fertilized egg to get embedded in the cavity.
- Ovulation: There can be perhaps certain problems that can hinder the IUI such as menstrual periods that are irregular or even absent at times. These ovulation problems are due to Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). A hormonal imbalance can be seen which can inhibit or affect normal ovulation. PCOS happens to be one of the most common causes of infertility.
- Progesterone Deficiency: A deficiency in Progesterone hormone can indeed be one of the reasons for a failed IUI as it does help to regulate the cycle and also gets the uterus ready for fertilization.
How to increase the success rates of one’s next IUI?
If encountering a failure in one’s IUI journey, it does not necessarily indicate that the chances of a person getting pregnant via IUI are zero.
How to make future IUI successful?
- Choose the Right Type of IUI
- Taking Special Care
- Keep yourself hydrated to stay free of toxins in your body
- Fertility Drugs
- Avoid Strenuous Exercise
- Have a Backup Plan
IUI has been acknowledged to be an effective way for childless couples to conceive if conventional methods do not apply. Why not try out an IUI clinic in India to resolve infertility issues.