IVF pregnancy precautions are important and much attention needs to be given by the patient. IVF hospital India is the place to make required information about IVF precautions.
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) is indeed becoming more and more common among women who are unable to conceive children naturally. The process is very simple as IVF happens to be a method via which the egg and the sperm are fused, i.e. fertilized in a laboratory dish, and then the embryo is rather planted in the woman’s uterus.
IVF pregnancy precautions are manifold and cannot be side-tracked at any cost:
- It is often found that more than one attempt is indeed required for a successful pregnancy via IVF.
- Once the embryo gets planted, the woman may experience a few side effects such as constipation, bloating, cramping, or fluid discharge. However, it is essential to take some precautions when it comes to pregnancy via IVF.
Improper diet can cause havoc with the process. It is rather important to maintain a healthy diet before and after IVF pregnancy as this does uphold the overall health of the mother. Diets need to consist of nutrition that does really enhance blood supply and also does
- Provide essential elements such as protein are required. Some women prefer vitamin and mineral supplements in their diet to give them a boost.
- Lack of sufficient exercise: Physical activity needs to be kept at a moderate level. While it is not advisable to become completely sedentary and prefer to take bed rest during IVF pregnancy, it is also not good to engage in more than four hours of vigorous physical exercise during that time.
- Stress: It is important to get rid of mental stress as it is an important factor. A lot of times, IVF pregnancies can be rather unsuccessful on account of the mother being overly anxious and also stressed about the entire process. This is indeed harmful to her psychological as well as physical health, in turn affecting the pregnancy. Activities such as yoga, and meditation can rather help to counter stress as well as bring about relaxation.
- Inadequate sleep means not having a relaxed mind and body.
- Improper liquid diet: Drinking 3-5 liters of water every day can rather prevent OHSS.
Other issues that need attention are:
- Acupuncture: This does improve blood flow in the female’s reproductive parts. It also does enhance follicle development as well as egg quality.
- Avoid alcohol: Improves conception chances by about 50%
- Avoid caffeine: Caffeine does double one’s miscarriage chances
- Avoid smoking: Smoking could mean increased chances of women suffering from infertility.
- Avoiding consumption of fish: Fish has high-level mercury content
- Communicate with one’s doctor: Feel free to discuss any sort of problems being faced. Avoid having medications without a doctor’s permission
- Taking a break from sexual activity: Refraining from sexual activity for the duration of the process.
Few more concerns:
- Slow down-regulation: At times slow down regulation takes longer than expected. This entails delaying the start of the FSH injections by another 4-7 days. If a cyst does develop it can usually be resolved by giving an injection of HCG.
- Stopping treatment for under-stimulation: If fewer follicles do develop than expected the best option may be to stop treatment and then start again making use of more medications.
- There are also a few things that need to be avoided immediately after the procedure at least for a few days, such as travel. A patient shouldn’t travel long distances by road or even by train immediately after the embryo transfer. Strenuous activity should be avoided at all costs. A certain amount of activity is okay unless the doctor has advised complete bed rest. If the doctor has advised complete bed rest, then only obedience will result in IVF success. Patients who ignore the doctor’s advice could end up jeopardizing their possible pregnancy.
IVF hospital India can help resolve these above-mentioned health-related issues concerning IVF treatment.